Monday 20 October 2014

Running a marathon to help children suffering from Leukemia


I am planning to participate in the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon (SCMM) on 18 January 2015. My prime motivation for running the SCMM is to raise money for the Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA), a wonderful charity which does a number of things to fight cancer and assist cancer victims in India.

I have been assured by CPAA that all monies raised by me will be used entirely to help children suffering from Leukemia. Further, all donations to CPAA are eligible for tax exemption under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (by way of deduction from your taxable income).

I have run the SCMM before – in January 2012. Last October 2013, I ran the Vasai Virar Mayor’s Marathon (VVMM). I took 5 hrs 23 minutes to run the SCMM. Thanks to very hot weather, my VVMM took me much longer, 5 hrs 49 minutes to be exact. You can access my timing certificates through these links:

SCMM 2012

VVMM 2013

This January, I am hoping to complete the requisite 42.195 kilometres in just under 5 hours. Please wish me luck!

I do not personally know any child suffering from Leukemia, but I do know that there are many in India and a majority of them are poor. They need help. Our help. I request you to donate generously to the CPAA, which you can do through this link

I wish you a very Happy Diwali!

No comments: