Monday 20 February 2023

Maintaining My Streak On Duolingo

 

I have been using Duolingo since March 2019 and find that Duolingo is the best resource available to me to learn French, considering the various constrains I am under. However, I have learned to not use Duolingo mindlessly. Duolingo is designed like a gaming app and it makes one addicted to gaining various types of rewards or credits, which reduces its effectiveness. One of the most well-known features of Duolingo is the 'Streak'. There are folks who proudly claim to have a Streak of over a year, implying that they have used Duolingo regularly everyday to maintain that Streak. However, Duolingo makes it rather easy to maintain the Streak. There are refills and other gimmicks which keeps one's Streak going even if one has not been regular. I have become so annoyed with the Duolingo Streak that I don't use Duoling on weekends and once in a while on weekdays too, but my current Streak has stayed with me for over 58 days. This is the story of my current Streak on Duolingo.  

Duolingo offered refills to maintain my Streak, whenever I was on the verge of losing mine.






Look at my calendar. There have been many days when I did not use Duolingo.


I dropped down the league table many times!


 
I kept dropping



However, I manage to keep my streak


Streak is just one of the incentives offered. There are others too!



There are daily quests.



Once I was inducted into the Streak Society, not sure what that means though.


Look at how my calendar looked around 10 days ago




No comments: